New Haven Based General Contractor/Construction Manager is seeking an Estimator with 6+ years of commercial construction experience. The preferred candidate will have previous experience with a larger G/C or CM firm with the ability to estimate all types of projects and contracts with an emphasis on hard bid, negotiated, conceptual and schematic estimating. The preferred candidate will have a proven track record with new commercial construction and existing remodel construction.
- Organize, research, and strategically plan for estimate preparation, pricing, scheduling, and final submission to the leadership team.
- Determine subcontractors to include in bidding process.
- Review plans and specifications for overall project understanding to identify risk in difficult work, operation, sequencing, project restrictions and time constraints.
- Establish work scopes for subcontractors, defining major and priority subs.
- Monitor coverage and solicit new subcontractors to bid projects.
- Review estimates and subcontractor proposals for accuracy and completeness to maximize revenue and minimize exposure.
- Bring all document reviews and estimating completion to closure prior to bid deadlines.
- Provide estimating support on all types of projects (large, small, complex, hard bid, negotiated)
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back up estimate figures.
- Demonstrate competency, accuracy, and organization during bids.
- Improve existing subcontractor relationships with open communication to ensure accuracy with estimates.
- Stay apprised of current bid market conditions.
- Interface regularly with team members to ensure complete understanding of the project scope.
- Ensure that team members, including subcontractors, understand initial project requirements and on-going updates to those requirements.
- Team player and positive collaborator with the company field supervision, project management, and administrative staff.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for a Team player and positive collaborator with company field supervision, project management, and administrative staff.
- Candidates will be proficient with computers and must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Project. Sage Project Management and Estimating Software experience is a plus.
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Commercial Construction Estimating.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with the practice of typical design and construction codes, standards, and guidelines.
- The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude towards change. Can identify the need, remove the barriers, and has the know how to make things happen. Values diversity of ideas, opinions, and people and shows good common sense and applied logic.
The position requires an enthusiastic self-starter that is a team player with excellent communication, managerial and interpersonal skills. The position requires conformance with all corporate and client confidentiality requirements, strict adherence to business ethics and practices, and a continual demonstration of professionalism throughout the delivery of services.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a competitive compensation structure; medical insurance benefits; paid time off (vacation, holiday, sick); 401K with Match.
Milestone Construction Services is an equal opportunity employer.