Milestone Construction Services, LLC a New Haven Based General Contractor/Construction Manager company is seeking a Project Accountant with 4+ years of commercial construction experience. The preferred candidate will have previous experience with a G/C or CM firm and have a clear understanding of contract types; CM as Agent, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Lump Sum, Cost Plus.
- Review approved subcontractor billing for accuracy.
- Manage subcontractor compliance with terms and conditions of the contract, including items such as bonds, insurance, waivers, billing accuracy, etc.
- Confirm contract status for new subcontractor billing.
- Review and maintain accurate Project Cost Reports.
- Generate and accurately process monthly General Construction G702/703 requisition billing in a timely manner
- Investigate any unbilled project costs.
- Maintain financial project files.
- Assist in financial aspects of project close-out.
- Additional assignments upon request of accounting supervisor.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience in construction accounting.
- Knowledge of Sage 100/300 (Timberline) software a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong style=”color:#000;” initiative, problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, high sense of urgency and ownership of work, with a demonstrated ability to manage to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple task and attention to detail.
Milestone Construction Services, LLC is looking for a detail-oriented team player with a construction accounting background. Our Project Accountants are responsible for organizing and processing all on-going daily accounting activities associated with a construction project, as well as, being responsible for client billing, change order preparation, accountants payable and job costing as they relate to assigned projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- This position offers a competitive compensation structure; medical insurance benefits; paid time off (vacation, holiday, sick); 401(k)
Milestone Construction Services is an equal opportunity employer.